Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm a terrible blogger....

Okay, here's the thing. This is like the third or fourth blog I've started, and none has lasted more than a few months at most. That's because as much as I like to write, weirdly, I'm a terrible blogger. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't like writing about myself. I mean, come on, I spend all day in my own head and my brain gets bored, so it wants to be more creative and talk about things like dragons and unicorns and ancient forests with trees the size of the Empire State Building. It wants to have adventures with zombies and pirates, take trips into the past and imagine what it was like to live in Roanoke or Imperial China. Cause that's way more interesting than what I'm doing now, which is mainly being told, "No, we don't have any open teaching positions."

Cause that's what I do. I teach. Or I would, if somebody would give me a classroom and some students and a paycheck. But when you have 400 people applying for every open position (this is not an exaggeration) it's hard to get noticed.

Anyway, this serves as the introduction to my blog for now. I actually wrote a lot more, but then I realized I could actually cut it into 3 or 4 separate posts and elaborate a lot more on each subject. So for now I'll leave you to ponder the subject of my next blog post:

Addictive websites.

Time-wasters unite! Or we would, if we weren't busy playing Angry Birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment