Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year = New Resolutions to Break

Hello friends, it's January 1, and we know what that means--time to make New Year's Resolutions! Now we all know that NYRs typically follow the same patterns with everybody: a resolution to eat healthier and to exercise, usually followed by a resolution to lose X pounds; one to stay/get more organized; one to spend more time with loved ones; one to pick up a new hobby, learn a new skill, take a class, or complete X number of projects....

These are the standards. And usually another standard is to break your resolutions by mid-February at the latest. So I figured I might as well choose resolutions I have little to no control over, and that way I can avoid any guilt whatsoever if I don't succeed, and I get to feel fabulously superior if I do. So here are my resolutions for 2012:

1. Get bigger boobs

2. Have a 92% good-hair-day rate

3. Improve contact prescription (under 14 would be great)

4. Go 6 months without a sinus infection

Now I think these are great resolutions to have. There are other things I want to do this year, too, to improve myself, my life, and my marriage, but rather than call them "goals" or "resolutions" (which allow for failure if you fail to meet them) I'll just call them "things I want to do." Maybe if I am less stressed by the idea of failure, I'll do better at these things.

1. Keep our home in a state of "20 minutes to clean enough to entertain."

2. Bake or cook new recipes frequently--one to three a month at least

3. Walk more often, work up to running a couple of miles without stopping

Now, how about you guys? What are some things you want to start doing, or do better at, this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment